Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Gravity Quilt along: Cosmic block

Continuing with my scrappy, unplanned, batiks and blenders version of the Jaybird pattern. . .

This block would be one instance where I don't love how the stash fabrics I used worked out in this particular block.  But I'm going with the theory that the quilt as a whole, with all the blocks together, is going to be awesome.  I was really scraping the bottom of the scrap bin a bit with these blocks, and had almost caved to buy some more fabrics for the upcoming blocks, when, happily enough, I came across a box that had a bunch more scraps in addition to a couple of UFOs.  So, the resolution to use only what I have on hand holds.

Check out the quilt along at Busy Hands Quilts. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you using what you have on hand and not caving in to buy more! You're right - the blocks will sparkle when put together with the whole quilt. The link you entered in the link-up on my blog does not work. Be sure to link to the actual published post, not the preview that you see when creating the post on your blog.

    ReplyDelete